These energy balls, or bliss balls, are packed with all the nutrients and energy of their raw materials. Because they don’t need to be cooked nothing is lost and they’re quick and easy to make.
Just don’t expect them to be around for long!
1. Raw Oat Balls
1 cup oats
2/3 cup toasted shredded coconut
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup mini choc chips
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and roll the mixture into small balls.
- Put in the fridge for a few minutes until firm.
- Keep in a sealed container for freshness for the week or freeze for long term.
2. Raw Brownie Balls
2 cups walnuts
2/3 cup raw cacao nibs
Pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- Put the walnuts, cacao nibs, salt and cacao powder to food processor for about 30 seconds.
- Add the dates and whizz up for a further 20 seconds until the mixture is sticking together. Adding dates will help bind it if you need to.
- Shape into balls as big or small as you wish, and store in the fridge or freezer!
3. Raw Nutty Date Balls
1 cup almonds
1 cup walnuts
2 cups raisins
6 pitted dates
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 cup shredded coconut
- Chop the almond and walnuts until finely diced, then gradually add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until it sticks together.
- Throw the coconut into a bowl and roll the balls in it to cover the outside.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge!