Kobe Bryant, Hilary Duff, Cindy Crawford, Jennifer Aniston and so many more all swear by doing Pilates and Reformer Pilates. Look how amazingly lean & toned they are.
Here are some of the benefits of doing regular Reformer Pilates sessions.
1. It’s for everyone! Male & Female, old & young. Some forms of exercise may seem daunting if you’re unsure of your own physical capabilities, but Pilates really is something everyone can do. The classes are small, either 6 or one to one sessions, and the teacher will always give you individual attention to assist you with any problems you may have. It is one of the most gentle, safe and effective way to exercise, and the beauty of doing it on the reformer is that you can adjust the level of intensity to suit your own body, using the springs.
2. Tone and Reshape. If you’ve done mat Pilates before, you’re likely to know what amazing core-strengthening work it is. Now add on the resistance of the reformer and you got yourself a whole new repertoire of exercises to tone up your body! It is unquestionable that reformer Pilates is a way to help reshape your body. You will not bulk up with Pilates. Instead you can expect that envious long, lean, graceful toned look. Think bye bye bingo wings, hello perky bum & lean thighs!! “In 10 sessions, you feel better, 20 sessions you look better, 30 sessions you have a completely new body.”- that is a quote from the founder of the practice, Joseph Pilates.
3. Rehabilitation The reformer is a great way to start exercising after an injury. The equipment is so gentle, and this combined with the fundamental movement principles of Pilates – precise movements performed in a safe way – will help you regain your strength and posture. If you have back injuries or muscular imbalance, it’s a great way to regain your strength. The focus on postural work during class will help your spinal alignment and continued practice can help decrease the risk of future injuries.
4. Pregnancy During pregnancy, it can be hard to find workouts to suit your changing body. Pilates is excellent for expecting women, as it incorporates core, pelvic floor and posture exercises. Doing Pilates while you’re pregnant will significantly help you recover after giving birth – not only will you have an easier time physically caring for your new baby, you will also bounce back quicker to the shape you were before or better even! If you have questions about working out during pregnancy, don’t hesitate to ask the instructor.
5. Weight Loss Strengthening exercises are imperative to any weight loss regime. You already know the reformer can work wonders to tone you up, but it can also help you shred. During class, you will definitely feel your heart racing, and depending on the level of the class and your own fitness, practice can get positively sweat-dripping. For an extremely intense cardio workout, we offer amazing Cardio Pilates classes. The sessions can have a variety of different training levels.
6.Flexibility Most of us complain about tight hamstrings & stiff hips, so you will get more flexible from doing reformer Pilates. Being more flexible will reduce any stiffness and soreness as well as aid that quest for those long, lean muscles.
7. Everyday exercise The beauty of reformer Pilates is that, unlike some other physical activity, it can be done everyday. Dancers are known to do a session most days & then still go and practice their gruelling routines without being affected by sore tight muscles the next day. It is gentle enough that it won’t tear your muscles and yet can be challenging enough to keep you excited. One important difference between mat Pilates and Reformer Pilates is that there are so many more movements and exercises on the Reformer.
8. Breathing correctly Breathing exercises are always part of the class. Your breathing is a fundamental area for your well being and you’ll discover new ways to utilise your breath to maximize your energy. Building on the concept of core, back and postural strength, the breath links it all together and if you know how to breathe right, you can reduce stress levels and find focus easier in your daily life as well as during class.
9.Energy Exercising is one of the key players in getting that extra energy we all want and need. It is just incredible how much just a little difference in your physical habits can make – after a class of reformer pilates, you will immediately feel better – exercise releases endorphins, also known as the happy hormone. But you won’t only feel it after class – regular exercise will help you gain more energy everyday, even on days you’re not working out.
So ditch the energy drink – do some Reformer Pilates instead!